Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Can we please talk about: Bookstores

The first bookstore I ever went to was Borders. I don't remember when, or who took me, but I do remember it being an extremely good day. I loved Borders! When it shut down and closed all of its book stores, it nearly killed me! Watching each store have going out of business sales was like watching Jack sink into the ocean at the end of titanic! (Only there wasn't anything we could do about unlike someone who had plenty of space on her piece of wood...)

Anyways, my dad and I have both tried to get into going to Barnes and Noble, but it was pretty evident that our hearts are were still with Borders.

Until...! We went to a Bookstore in Bloomingdale, Illinois (and many other places around the country, I'm sure) called Half Price Books. I never adopted an appreciation for this Half Price Bookstore until recently when I picked up 3 books to read this january. Literally every book (besides the popular/recent mini shelf in the front) was half off. They also buy your old books and DVD's and CD's and such for half off. It was like giving crack to a crack addict. I literally had to calm myself down with the reminder that it wouldn't be long before I was back there again.

So through the death of Borders, I found Half Price Books!

And this post was pretty random, and unnecessary.

I just felt the need to share my excitement!

For all those Borders lovers like me who are too stubborn to accept this tragedy, there are some bookstores out there besides Barnes and Noble!

Anyways, I'll be back soon with a review of The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart. Only about 150 pages to go! See you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Borders closed here too! But I've always been a Barnes and Noble person. My Borders was a bit gloomy looking, but I've been looking for new bookstores since I go to BandN every week and I know where everything is, when books come in, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! I've never been a Barnes and Noble person! I don't know why. I just couldn't get into it. Maybe because there was never really a Barnes and Noble around where I live. we were always Borders central. I hope you find your bookstore!

      Delete